Happy New Years!
Today we discuss web designers vs free online websites.
There are many advantages to both. Lets look at free websites first.
- They’re free
- You can make your own updates when you want
- They will do your search engine optimization
- Many of these places have a few good designs to choose from. The same designs everyone else is choosing.
- They do a basic search engine optimization for you. Getting an online presence today requires more than a few keywords.
- If you end up not liking the hosting service, you end up losing. You can’t take your website with you. You will have to start over from scratch.
There is never an all-in-one solution to fits everyone’s own style, ones creativeness, how much technology you need. With a free site you get what you pay for.
If you’re just starting out, how you look, how you rank in the search engines becomes a very important part of your business plan. Without the proper presence, you could start further behind and still need to build your own site that you can take to any server.
Lets look at the advantages and disadvantages of a site designed by a web master.
- They will work with you in a design that fits your needs, and adapt a WordPress site to function the way you want it to.
- They will have a better grasp to how SEO works. Google changes the way it is done quite often, and a webmaster will have the latest and greatest methods of getting the job done.
- With a WordPress site most will be able to make most of their own updates.
- If you end up not liking the hosting company, you can take your site with you to the next. There will be a cost to import the site, but it would be far far less than building one from scratch.
- Your site is customized for YOU, not built with industry generalities on a web standard that gets updated when they want.
- They are not free. But you get what you pay for.
In the end it makes much more sense to get a business presence, an artistic presence from skilled web designers who have been in the field for many a year. You know you will be careful with setting up your new business, or advancing your established one. Take full advantage of what is out there to fit your needs, and to drive customers to your site because they can find you, with a layout that is where you want it to be, not something you settled for.